What is the United Kingdom Coaching Certificate (UKCC)
Levels 1, 2 and 3 on the LTA Coaching Pathway have UKCC endorsement.
The UKCC is a development framework that supports:
- development of governing body coach-education programmes
- endorsement of governing body coach-education programmes
- continuous improvement of governing body coach-education programmes
Developing Coach-Education Programmes
The UKCC provides a structure to evolve a governing body’s coach-education programme. It covers:
- The qualification structure and the quality-assurance of deliverers
- The coaches’ learning experience (learning programme)
- The make-up of the coach-education workforce (tutors, assessors etc)
- Learning resources used (books, websites, DVDs etc)
Endorsement of Coach-Education Programmes
- To gain UKCC endorsement a governing body must demonstrate a certain level of development in their coach-education programme based on the areas listed above. This is determined against a set of endorsement criteria. The endorsement process is an objective and developmentally focused process, and offered at no cost to the sports being endorsed.
Continuous Improvement of Coach-Education Programmes
- Once a governing body coach-education programme has received UKCC endorsement the focus of the UKCC is the continuous improvement of the coach-education offer. This development considers the needs of the sport and its coaches.