DBS checks are an important part of helping make tennis a safe and enjoyable sport for everyone. We are looking for volunteers to help us with this by becoming a DBS ID Checker.
What does this involve?
Once someone has filled out their online DBS application form, they need to get their ID documents and application verified, and that's where you come in!
Ok... but what do I have to do?
The applicant will contact you by phone or email to make an appointment. At the meeting, they will give you their ID to check and record on the online DBS system. You will also have to make sure their application looks okay. Don't worry, its really easy!
Sounds simple enough. Are there any requirements I need to meet?
Yes, you need to:
- Have access to a computer/laptop with the internet
- Be based within a tennis venue
- Have received approval from your club committee/management to take on the role
- Agree to have your contact information (phone or email) on the LTA website
- Agree to work in accordance with the DBS Code of Practice.
What are the benefits for me?
- Have chances to win exciting prizes, including tickets to major events
- Be in the running to win the British Tennis Volunteer of the Month/Year awards
- You will be able to promote your club to potential new customers
- Receive regular updates, advice and support from the LTA
- Speeding up your venue's recruitment process
- Be part of helping grow British Tennis!
If this is something you are interested in, we'd love to hear from you. Please complete the form below and we'll be in touch with you within the next 10 days.