Accessing BASeLINE business advice service
BASeLINE is a business advice service available to tennis venues and coaches. BASeLINE offers registered tennis venues and accredited coaches free advice on legal and tax issues.
For venues: If you are a registered LTA venue, log on to the wizard www.araglegal.co.uk and create an account. To set up an account in the first instance, please use your unique code, which can be located on your registration card. You can also call the helpline on 0844 571 7986.
For coaches: If you are an accredited coach call the helpline on 0844 571 7986 quoting the code number (available within the Coach Secure Area).
If you have a legal or tax problem relating to your business, we recommend you call our confidential legal and tax advice helpline. Legal advice is available 24/7 and tax advice is available between 9am and 5pm on weekdays (except bank holidays).
The advice covers business-related legal matters within EU law and tax matters within the UK. Your query will be dealt with by a qualified specialist experienced in handling legal and tax-related matters.
Areas of Advice
Employment and personnel such as:
- Disciplining an employee
- Gross misconduct
Commercial legal such as:
- Landlord and tenancy
- Company law
- Copyright and patent
Tax and VAT such as:
Some of the questions businesses ask us:
- An employee has raised a grievance regarding alleged bullying. How should we deal with it?
- A customer is trying to terminate our agreement without notice – is it legal?
- What is the statutory minimum wage?
- Is it still legally possible to dismiss someone on the grounds of retirement if they are 65?
- We often receive requests to provide copy P60s of ex-employees. Who is entitled to receive a P60, can we issue duplicates?