Berkshire Junior County Teams and Training Selection Criteria (as of Jan 2016)
Our aim is to select and prepare teams that will perform and represent Berkshire best at every competition
Selection will be made based on the following criteria:
For 18U, 14U and 12U teams:
- British Tennis Ranking (*)
- British Tennis Rating (*)
For 10U, 9U and 8U teams:
- County and Regional Tour competition leader boards (not 8U) (*)
- British Tennis ratings (*)
- Selection for LTA Regional Profiling Days
In addition to the above for all teams:
- Recommendations from the Berkshire coaches panel and Age Group Captains (**)
- Loyalty to the county, particularly in relation to support of; a. Junior County Closed event b. County training/ teams and leagues
- Availability for the entire duration of the event
Up to one place in each team may be given to a ‘wild card’ selection at the discretion of the Berkshire Chairman of performance. This place is for a player who doesn’t necessarily meet the above criteria but it is thought that their inclusion will be of benefit to the team and/or future teams. We welcome player nominations from coaches.
(*) – At the ranking cut-off date published on the Berkshire County Cup Calendar for County teams and at 1st January for County Training.
(**) – Panel details available on request. Age Group Captains as published on the Berkshire County Cup Calendar.
Full printable PDF can be found here