Looking to pursue a career in tennis coaching, or have already started and would like to develop further?
Hampshire & IOW LTA is launching an exciting new scheme to support young tennis coaches with their first steps on a career pathway. Aimed at 18-24 year-olds, the scheme will give candidates the opportunity to develop their skills in a wide range of areas within the sport, whilst working with some of the region’s top coaches and mentors. By the end of the scheme, it is hoped that coaches will have gained at least one coaching qualification, learned from a number of top coaches, expanded their coaching network, and gained valuable experience in a number of relevant areas. We hope that this will give coaches the opportunity to develop their CVs, and prepare them for a career in tennis coaching / management.
The scheme will run for around 18 months, starting in June 2017, and will include:
- Up to 50% funding towards LTA level 1, 2 or 3 courses (levels to be discussed at start of scheme)
- 4 Workshops facilitated by the scheme mentor, and delivered by local tennis experts. Modules will include:
- Mini tennis coaching
- Junior coaching
- Adult coaching
- Disability tennis
- Schools tennis
- Performance tennis
- The business of tennis
- Different career possibilities within tennis
- Ongoing contact with the Hampshire & IOW LTA scheme mentor (Ashley Neaves)
- Individual development plan for each member of the scheme
- Babolat laptop bag
- Access to further CPD and networking opportunities
- Involvement with (and the opportunity to lead) certain county tennis projects
- Link with Hampshire & IOW LTA partners, e.g. Energise Me
Who we are looking for:
- Aged 18 – 24 years old
- Play/used to play tennis
- Currently an LTA Level 1 or 2/or planning to start LTA Level 1 soon
- Aspire to have a career in tennis
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the sport
- Previous experience in coaching / assisting
To apply for a space on the scheme, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate how you are currently involved in tennis, how you would fund the remaining 50% training cost (e.g. club, parents, employer, etc.), and how you feel this scheme will support you to establish your career in tennis coaching / management. There are only limited spaces on the scheme, so please do take the time to make your case as strongly as possible.
Applications from coaches already working in local facilities are welcomed, as are those from young people who are currently exploring the possibility of a career in coaching.
Application deadline: Friday 14th July 2017
If you would like any more information on the scheme, please contact lead Mentor, Ashley Neaves at Ashley.email@example.com.