Following recent changes, Tennis Scotland has vacant positions on its Board and is now looking to recruit the following:
- Participation Director
- Non-Executive Directors x 2
These are voluntary roles, similar to the other Tennis Scotland Board positions, with a time commitment of up to eight Board meetings per year, as well as involvement in Board Sub Committees or Executive Working Groups as appropriate.
The Board of Tennis Scotland has a critical role to play, to support the organisation in the fulfilment of its strategy which is to deliver a sustainable legacy from the Murray era relating to:
- - Significantly increased participation
- - Improved performance opportunities for future talent to succeed
- - Quality and affordable facilities available to all
Therefore, Tennis Scotland is looking for individuals who share this vision and are keen to play a part in its delivery.
Specifically, the Participation Director role is for a term of three years and will support Tennis Scotland’s Chief Executive Officer in the objective of getting more people playing tennis more often and relating to:
- - Establishing a club development programme available to all but focusing on those clubs seeking to grow
- - Developing Community Tennis Networks, which co-ordinate the activities of clubs, schools, tennis centres and parks
- - Providing a competition pathway that motivates players of all levels
- - Establishing community, disability and education programmes that link to tennis venues
Therefore, the Participation Director will ideally have the following experience and skillsets:
- - Track record of growth in sports participation
- - Working knowledge of tennis, preferably in a playing or coaching capacity
- - Experience of sports administration, ideally at the tennis club level
- - Ability to communicate effectively at Board level
In terms of the Non-Executive Director positions, which are normally for two year terms, the key elements of these roles are:
- - Providing an independent view to the Board
- - Ongoing input and challenge into Tennis Scotland’s strategy, including the monitoring of its delivery
- - Providing advice and support to the Executive Team in specific areas of expertise
- - Participating, where appropriate, in Executive Working Groups as an advisor
Tennis Scotland, for its Non-Executive Director roles, is looking for individuals with a broad range of sporting, business and/or professional experience that will add value to the organisation in the areas above, while those with expertise in the following areas will be particularly welcomed to apply:
- - Infrastructure development will be welcomed, linked to Tennis Scotland’s objective to deliver significantly more indoor facilities across the country in the coming years
- - Public relations and communications to help Tennis Scotland with its external messaging
- - Business networking to support the Tennis Scotland extend its corporate partnerships
For both the Participation Director and the Non-Executive Director positions, Tennis Scotland is adopting the following approach:
- - We particularly welcome female applicants and those from an ethnic minority, as they are currently under-represented within Tennis Scotland at this level.
- - Broadening of skills range, with the Board looking to complement the expertise that it has already
If you are interested in joining the Board of Tennis Scotland, please email Governance Director, Gordon Bell (GB@dallasmcmillan.co.uk) to express your interest by Friday 16th March, and include details of your relevant experience and expertise that will add value to the Tennis Scotland organisation.
Please also complete the anonymous Tennis Scotland Equality Monitoring Survey which can be found below.
Tennis Scotland Equality Monitoring Survey