The South West Regional Team are holding an Optimal Competition Parenting Workshop on Sunday 27th August at Winchester Racquets & Fitness from 12 – 2.30 pm.
The aim of this workshop is to provide attendees with the knowledge and skills needed to optimally support their child at tennis competitions. The workshop is designed for tennis parents with children between the ages of 9 and 18 years who have either just started competing or who regularly play in competitions.
The 2.5 hour interactive Parent Workshop has been designed in partnership with Loughborough University to address the specific needs of British Tennis parents. The topics covered during the workshop will include:
- Engaging in role model behaviours
- Parents’ roles during tennis competitions
- Children’s perceptions of optimal parenting behaviour at competitions
- Supportive vs. pressurising behaviours: What is the difference?
- Communicating effectively with children before, during and after a match
- Managing the emotional demands of competition
Please note that this workshop will not count for Coach Accreditation Credits or Official Licence Credits.
To book please email SouthWest@LTA.org.uk