Well done to Ryan Golesworthy, Ryan Hutchinson, Miles McDowall, Ellie Millard and Natalie Sayer who have been selected for the Hampshire Talented Athlete Scheme (HTAS).
Hampshire County Council provide grants to help Hampshire's most talented athletes reach world class podiums e.g. Olympics, Paralympics, World Championships. Support starts at county level and goes through to athletes competing internationally.
Support is based on performance levels and can include:
- Free access to participating leisure centres
- Fast-track physiotherapy service
- Free annual bus travel cards from Stagecoach, Bluestar and First Group
- Sports science support from Southampton Solent University
- Grant of up to £600 funded by Hampshire County Council
- Public speaking and presentation skills training
For more information about the Hampshire Talented Athlete Scheme visit the Sport Hampshire & Isle of Wight website.