We have a school competition framework in Lancashire for primary and secondary schools. The framework is run at local and area level and provides opportunities for all standards and all schools. The Schools Tennis competition ‘offer’ has being realigned to fit the new School Games structure, which is central to the Government’s new strategy for PE and School Sport. The below overview explains our priority formats for Lancashire.
Primary – years 3 and 4
Year 3 and 4 competition (mini red)
- Level 1 (intra-school) -------> Level 2 (inter-school priority) ------ -> Level 3 (county schools games)
- Year 3 and 4 competitions.
- Also there are tennis finals.
- For entry in the competition contact your local school games organiser or register an interest at the county office on 01405 768888
- For more information on schools competition and other schools resources take a look at our Guide to Schools Tennis
Secondary – years 8 and 10
Aegon Team Tennis Schools Competition
DIVISION 1 --------> National Knockout
DIVISION 2 --------> School Games/Area Finals