All registered places to play now have the opportunity to promote their tennis activity on www.bbc.co.uk through BBC things to do - sport tasters. Its part of the BBC's work to inspire the public to try out sport this summer and build a lasting Olympic legacy.
The BBC things to do - sports taster project will be promoted throughout the summer by BBC Sport and to their 3.3m unique daily visitors to their website, which they expect to rise significantly over the over summer 2012. It is therefore a great way to promote tennis activities to a wide audience.
To see the BBC Things to do site in action, visit; http://www.bbc.co.uk/thingstodo although be aware that sport activities will not be promoted until 22nd June.
For Places to Play to be eligible to upload on Things To Do the folowing criteria must be met;
- The activites must run from June 22nd 2012 onwards.
- Activities must include active participation in tennis
- Activities must be free of charge to the public
- Activities must be accessible to the general public
- Only registered Places to Play are able to use this service
- Tennis activities must happen on a specific time on a specific day.
The natural fit would therefore be a club open day, many of which are run alrwady, which could see increases in the numbers attending. Registered Places to Play can find out more, sign up and start promoting their tennis activity at http://www.bbc.co.uk/thingstodo/activitymaker