The Disability Course at Redbridge Sports Centre, Ilford, Essex is taking place on 20th December. It covers the key information and skills required to be a coach who can deliver tennis sessions to all.
The course will inform coaches of the specific impairment groups (Wheelchair, Visually Impaired, Deaf and Learning Disabilities), the implications for working with these impairment groups individually and in integrated sessions, and how to deliver sessions accordingly. Practical elements include participation in ‘disability simulation’ to allow coaches to experience the challenges faced by disabled people, followed by an opportunity to coach individuals with impairment.
The Disability Awareness Course is designed to develop coaches’:
• Knowledge of specific impairment groups and the practical implications for coaches
• Understanding of how disabled people can be integrated into existing tennis sessions
• Understanding of the impact of coaching behaviour when working with disabled players
• Attitude to inclusive tennis
• Awareness of performance pathways
• Awareness of existing structures / opportunities for disabled people
Pre requisites: Level 2 Coaching Assistant
Duration: 6 hours
To book on this course please log in to your coaches area on the LTA website.