The aim of this competition is to provide players of all abilities with the opportunity to compete in a school team tennis competition, with more successful teams able to progress on a pathway to a National Final.
The online entry period for the 2014 competition is from Tuesday 3 December 2013 until Thursday 16 January 2014. Local league matches are played April through to July. Division 1 winners from the local leagues will progress through to knockout rounds from September, Regional Finals in November, with the National Finals taking place in December.
View the Year 8 & 10 Competition Structure
The local league stage is organised by local league organisers. LTA Support Centre then organises the subsequent knockout rounds; Quarter Finals and the National Finals.
- Entry is free and all schools who enter. Each school will receive some free Babolat Tennis balls in mid-March along with a printed version of the Captain's Guide for each entered team
- The closing date to enter online is Thursday 16 January 2014
- 2476 teams entered the Year 8 & 10 Competition online in 2013
- League Organisers will be sent all entered teams in their area in late January. League organisers will send out draws and fixtures to all entered teams in February
- For all enquiries, please contact 020 8487 7000 or email schoolscompetition@LTA.org.uk
2014 Eligibility, Format & Scoring:
- A player must be a registered member of the school on 1st April 2014. Year 8 Boys & Year 8 Girls - A player must be in Years 7-8 or born between 1st September 2000 and 31st August 2002 inclusive. Year 10 Boys & Year 10 Girls - A player must be in Years 7-10 or born between 1st September 1998 and 31st August 2002 inclusive.
- There are four events to enter; Year 8 boys, Year 8 girls, Year 10 boys and Year 10 girls.
- Each event requires 4 players in a team with the format being 4 singles and 2 doubles rubbers
- Players can play in one event only
- Each rubber is one set.
- All matches are Grade 7
TO ENTER PLEASE CLICK HERE