This Tennis Leaders course is aimed at individuals (13+) who are starting out on their tennis career as well as professional people such as teachers. The content is appropriate for juniors who are looking into taking their level 1 LTA qualification through to adults who are looking to volunteer in their local tennis community as a supporting coach, referee or official.
How will this benefit you?
This course is designed to help you develop skills not just within tennis but within sport itself. Here at LuvTennis we strive to provide you with experience and knowledge for you to confidently be able to take that step into the coaching world, universities also welcome the qualification and encourage such courses.
By partaking in this programme you will not only gain the LTA Tennis Leaders Award but incorporated with this qualification is the Sports Leadership UK Level 1 Coaching Assistant Award.
What is included in the course?
Module 1- introduction to tennis (core module 11.00-13.00)
This is a core module from which the foundations are built and is comprised of;
Know the basics of tennis: strokes, game formats and variations of the sport.
• Understanding of the variations of the game and how they are used for the introduction of the sport to people of all ages and abilities.
• Learn about effective communication and organisation skills.
• Putting the skills learnt into practice on court- in warm up activities and on court drills.
Module 2; Helping at a competition (13.00-17.00)
Will be required to help out at a Mini Tennis Festival.
• Consider the key actions before, during and after competition.
• Learn how to be a scorer for a Mini Tennis match.
• Learn how to organise a Round Robin group.
• Understand how you can support your competition organiser or referee.
The following module will be completed at a later date
Module 3- Volunteering at your tennis venue
• Learn about what makes a successful place to play.
• Understand the role of the committee and /or management team.
• Understand the different ways of promoting a facility and programme.
• Consider your own skills and how they can be utilised effectively.
Booking and Payment
Saturday 19th September- 11.00-17.00 £75
For enquiries and bookings please see information below to get in touch with us;
E-mail us: email@example.com with subject reference "Tennis Leaders booking" including the following; full name, D.O.B, British Tennis Membership and T-shirt size.
Or call: 01494448700 and speak to Jake.