Collingham Tennis club held a special Mental Health Awareness Charity/Breakpoint19 and Nature Valley Open Day on June 16th.
They had a fantastic day with wheelchair tennis, Robyn Moore's amazing challenge, mental health and other support groups and all the usual Collingham Tennis Club Open Day attractions.
The many highlights of the day were -
- the incredible way Robyn just kept hitting for 8 hours on the 16th day of her 30 day challenge
- a local wheelchair user (not played tennis since school and showing such enthusiasm for it now) being taken under the wing of Paul Singleton of Grantham
- Paul has also offered free coaching to a disabled youngster
- the number of families who came to try out tennis and joined
- the level of interest in the wheelchair tennis exhibition match
- the inspiration the day gave a team player with a long term arm injury to try playing with her left hand and find success
- the ' Collingham team' working together to produce a successful day in spite of the weather
- the day created links with support groups who, now they know us, will bring their clients along to play tennis
Well done, Collingham Tennis Club!